Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First Swim

We brought Ellie for her first encounter with getting familiar with the swimming pool on October 14th, Saturday late afternoon.

She held back at first, wary of the vast amount of water around her. I bought a float for her, suitable for 3 to 24 months infants/toddlers but she didn't seem to like it very much. Probably she felt a wee bit restricted.

I decided to carry her out of the float and let her play in the water, with my hands supporting her. Immediately, she was bashing and trashing around with both her cute little fists in delight, causing water to splash all over both our faces.

We spent about half an hour in the pool and I guess she really did enjoy playing in the water.

The following Saturday, we brought her swimming again. This time, she didn't need much encouragement to "warm-up". I sat Ellie on the side of the pool for less than a minute and she started bashing around as before, a big smile on her face.

I think this is going to be our weekly event from now on.

No comments: